I hope everyone is doing well at home. Please know that we miss you very much and if there is anything we can do to help with your learning we will. If you need help with your learning please contact me at 250-974-5569 or email@example.com and we can schedule a Zoom meeting or call to get you back on track.
I wanted to set up a page where you can access my online learning, and other learning links all in one place. As time goes I will be adding more resources so please visit this page often for great skill building and fun activities.
There is a creative website full of ideas for learning at home that focuses on student well-being, Math at home, Literacy at Home, and Passion Projects. To explore the site click here: Learning at Home
Online Reading Programs:
For Headsprout Reading click here: https://www.headsprout.com/
For Raz-Kids Reading click here : https://www.raz-kids.com/
Famous Actors read children’s stories at Story Online here
The world’s largest selection of Audio Books can be found at Audible for free.
Valerie Tutson is a gifted story teller who is doing a Facebook Live story every day at 12:30pm. Reader comment: “We just watched and we all LOVED it. It was interactive and glorious.”
Online Math Programs and Resources:
For Prodigy Math click here: https://sso.prodigygame.com/game/login
Basic Fact Math Drill Games click here: https://www.arcademics.com/
You Cubed Math Tasks with Jo Boaler are here
There are some great discovery K-5 Science Videos from Amplify Science
The 6-7 Science Videos from Amplify Science can be found here
Daily Science and Math Lessons from The Science Mom and Dad on FB Live: a daily show from 10 to noon central time, featuring science and math lessons, crafts and games. Hosted by Science Mom and Math Dad, this two hour live stream is a wonderful way to put some fun learning into your quarantine. For ages 7-12. https://www.facebook.com/TheScienceMom
The Language Sprout Facebook page is offering a unique opportunity for families everywhere. Each day they will be offering FREE story times, activities, and games in Spanish, French, Mandarin, English, Portuguese for kids 0 – 103!
Music Games, Dances and Songs
Wash Your Hands With Baby Shark Song found here.
Popular Kids Sing Along Songs With Lyrics click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loUmFZ5XnnA
Learn Body Percussion with Ollie Tunmer’s weekly lessons found here
Mind and Body:
1) Social emotional learning resources and programs
2) Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
3) Yoga/relaxation/mindfulness/dance for kids
4) Mindfulness for teens
5) 15 Mindfulness and Relaxation Apps for kids with Anxiety
6) Born to move – energetic dance
7) Oxygen Yoga for Kids:
Facebook: follow “Oxygen Everywhere”
Instagram: follow “oxygenyogaandfitness”
For a fun bit of Hip Hop try: Kids Learn a Dance to “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake!
For some other fun inside PE activities to do at home look here
For Movement Breaks Inside you can also try this workout:
Jarret J. Krosoczka, author of the “Lunch Lady” graphic novel series and the
National Book Award finalist “Hey, Kiddo,” is hosting daily drawing webcasts on YouTube at 11:00am.
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems – Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every day for his LUNCH DOODLE. Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks. Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons and join Mo to explore ways of writing and making together. Viewers can see each weekday’s new video at noon local time. https://www.facebook.com/events/2544781839094130/
Free art lessons on the Make Paducah Facebook page each weekday for the
next two weeks. These will be family oriented for a range of ages and utilize
supplies typically found in your home.
Free art lessons for kids on YouTube
Easily create and share videos with your teacher, with parents, and beyond. No software downloads required. Animoto
Learning Coding from home at Code.org
Build problem solving skills in math, science, and computer science with fun and challenging interactive explorations found here (Grades 5-7)
Virtual Field Trips
Safari Facebook Live at noon each day from the Cincinnati Zoo where they highlight one of their amazing animals and include an activity you can do from home. Recordings also posted for later watching. Found here
And for the aspiring gardeners at our school, take a virtual farm tour and learn about growing your own vegetables from Myra in Coal Harbour here
1) The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
2) This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
3) Virtual tours and online exhibits of some of the most famous museums around the world. https://artsandculture.google.com/
4) Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
5) Science World is offering free streaming of movies at: https://www.scienceworld.ca/online-films/
6) This iconic museum located in the heart of London allows virtual visitors to tour the Great Court and discover the ancient Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies. https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com/\
Have fun learning!